Masopust in Roztoky and Únětice 2020
15th February 2020
An imprint of past times and a whisper of times to come. A mournfully merry masquerade procession following its Bride Queen. Donned in ribbons and tiny mirrors, she carries stories and voices throughout Roztoky’s landscape.
- Map of the event, parade & show
- 11:00 Mask rental – Central Bohemian Museum in Roztoky u Prahy
- 12:00 Program at the Roztoky Chateau / Central Bohemian Museum
- 14:30 Parade through Roztoky with stops at the square and uptown toward Únětice.
- 16:20 Meeting of the parades at the Holý Vrch hilltop, circle dances
- 17:30–22:00 Masopust party in a chapiteau in Roztoky-Žalov
- Detailed schedule
→ advance sale ←
- Buses between Roztoky and Únětice: The special Masopust bus express number 359, connecting the two cities, will set forth again.
- By train from Prague: Lines number S4 and S49 from Masarykovo nádraží / Praha-Holešovice / Nádraží Podbaba are the best choice for your journey from Prague. The central Bohemian Museum is just a short way from the Roztoky u Prahy train station. The other stop Roztoky-Žalov is then close to the circus tent. Find your traffic connection on the Czech search engine.
- By bus from Prague: Bus number 340 and 350 goes from Dejvická. We don’t recommend it though, it might get crowded.
- By car: Please don’t travel by car if at all possible. Thank you!